Google Like

Monday, December 1, 2008

Its a Monday


It seems like lately, things have been getting out of control.  Days are turning maddeningly gruesome and even though the time the sun shines is shorter, the days seem longer.  People surrounding me seem to be feeling it, too.  Bethany seems to have this thing against school.  I don't really blame her.  I wasn't the biggest fan of the classroom either.  And homework....goodness, homework sucks quite a bit.  And Mark, well, Mark is always in the library.  And I figured once he get the feeling for school, I would see more of him.  But alas, that is not the case.  In fact, I see much less of him now than I did.  But I believe this is his last week of school before his Christmas break begins so maybe next week we can hang out while Bethany is studying.  
Lately, I have been trying to read more.  I never seem to be able to read as much as I would like to read.  I have been reading about so many different topics lately.  Genocide, God's Grace, God's Calling, Who is Jesus?, Forensic Anthropology, and even Pakistani Schools.  Every time I read a book, I get excited or passionate about the topic I read about.  I'm currently continuing my reading on genocide and each turn of the page gets me more frustrated with the law makers and the politicians who refuse to act in situations where lives could be saved.  I read books by the writers of our time that make a difference in the spiritual realm.  Eldridge writes superb books and so does Mr. C.S. Lewis.  Each flip of those pages makes me feel like this "holiness" thing that I heard so much about at Asbury is possible.  
But sometimes, I wonder.  I wonder why I only get excited about things when I read about them.  Why can't that fire last.  Am I trying to process too much at one time?  Should I try to slow the rate of reading down and just focus on one topic at a time?  I find myself calling subjects of a book (like the coiner of the word "genocide"...which was Lemkin by the way) "that guy."  I feel like I have done the book and my education a disservice when I do that.  Any thoughts?

Let me know.


Oh, and the picture from this week is one I took at Shaker Village.  I have been trying to get a picture onto a stock photo website for quiet some time now.  This is the first that I have been able to get on.  I finally got accepted.  I'm pretty excited to say the least.  I feel like the camera and I are finally becoming friends.  Almost every Saturday I go on a shoot.  So, here it is.  I hope to talk to you all soon.  I love you all.  Give me a shout out soon...

Wells

No comments: