Google Like

Monday, June 13, 2011

Kentucky Engagement :: Rebecca and Dima











To those of you that know me (AJ), you know I taught high school chemistry for a semester to help a local high school fill a faculty need.  Those 5 months were some of the best I have had.  This is strictly due to the amazing students I had in my classes.  These kids were awesome...and just that...kids.

Well, was I punched in the age-ego-face when I found out one of my favorite students was engaged.  Dima was attentive, hilarious, and great at chumming up with his chemistry teacher who took the bait; hook, line, and sinker.  Well, when I got over my initial shock that I was this old, I got ahold of Dima and let him know that we'd be there for him if he would want us to be.  Rebecca made the final decision.

It was wonderful to finally meet Rebecca.  These two are perfect for each other because of each other's strengths.  I look forward to seeing them grow together.  It really will be a blessing.

Though I do not really enjoy feeling old, I loved every minute of this past Sunday morning.  Not only did I get to hang out with Dima and Rebecca all morning, I also had the privilege of working with a different assistant than normal.  Instead of Bethany, her brother Ben worked with me.  He has been interning with us this summer and I truly enjoyed working with him Sunday.  His help will be missed when he leaves to head back to Kenya.

Dima and Rebecca:  we can't wait until next month.  It will be wonderful working with you again!

No comments: